The secret in education lies in respecting the student
Athi Special School offers curriculum based on Competency Based Curriculum(CBC) as developed by the Kenyan Government.
We teach and train on basic numeracy and literacy skills, creative arts, activities of daily living, pre-vocational and vocational training.These courses are further implemented in the following levels:
- Foundation level
- Intermediate level
- Pre-vocation level
- Vocation level
However there are some learners who pursue the regular school curriculum and sit for national exams (K.C.P.E).
Further to the course being offered, we have supporting infrastructure as follows:
- The school has a piece of land and playground.
- It is fully registered
- Has an administration block
- Has a dining hall and a kitchen
- Has dormitories for boys and girls
- Has toilets for both girls and boys
- Has four classrooms
- Has computer room with computers
- Has a perimeter wall with gates
- Has 8 TSC teachers and 2 county teachers
- Has 8 non-teaching staff
- Has school van.